Sunday 10 January 2010

A Hidden Double Standard?

Ive been having a conversation with someone on the Internet who made a statement that i felt i just had to challenge. I'm not one of those people who can let something pass by if it causes a little red light in my head.

The man said; 'Why do some of you guys make so much about being gay? For Christ's sake, stop flying a banner about your sexuality, and get on with living your lives.'

Now i know what he means, however i also know that he has no idea what the fuck he is talking about. I am lucky enough not to know many people that have such volatile reactions to things like sexuality, I by no means wish to address all of the issues relating to this, because it would take forever. I would though like to address the statement which this man made.

I replied with; 'Well think of it this way; If you look at a straight man and how much his sexuality influences his life, you will find that is is pretty much 100%, its not really any different if you are gay, it affects your life 100% so there shouldn't be any reason to hide it any more than straight men hide their sexuality.'

I stand by this completely, I don't feel it needs any more explanation, it is simple enough. Is it that this man in particular feels uncomfortable with such things? if so then that is his issue and not for other people to bend around.


Saturn_

No comments:

Post a Comment